Marrige Registrar Office Meerut . Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.
- Application form duly signed by both the parties.
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties.
- Copy of Passport of both the parties with valid Visa.
- Residential Proof of both the parties.
- Documentary evidence regarding stay at district in India of one of the parties for more than 30 days (Proof of stay or report from the concerned SHO).
- N.O.C. or Marital Status certificate from the concerned embassy or Consulate in India by a foreigner partner.
- Death certificate or divorce decree whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.