Marriage Certificate Same Day Dehradun . Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.
- The parties to the marriage shall give notice in writing in the form specified, to the Marriage Officer of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given, and the notice shall state that the party has so resided.
- All the documents are verified at the Office of Marriage Registrar.
- The law of other nation shall not be in conflict with Indian laws.
- The notice is then published inviting objection to the marriage, if any.
- If no objection is made, then, on the expiry of the notice publishing period, the marriage may be solemnized.
- The marriage shall be solemnized in the presence of at least three witnesses.
- Further the Marriage Certificate is entered and is granted by the Marriage Registrar.