How To Apply For Marriage Certificate Delhi . As mentioned earlier, with regard to getting your name changed, a marriage certificate plays a major role. Making changes to your last name on all official documentation without a marriage certificate needs a lot of effort and a ton of additional documentation. Furthermore, it helps when applying for visas since the system sees the couple as a married couple and not two individuals travelling individually.
In India, depending on whether you are a Hindu or belonging to any other religion, you have to register under the Special Marriage Act or the Hindu Marriage Act. There aren’t many differences between the two forms, however, it takes a longer time to process a marriage under the Special Registration Act. Secondly, if one of the marrying partners belongs to a religion other than Hinduism, the couple has to register under the Special Marriage Act.
Documents Required for Court Marriage Under Special Marriage Act-1954
- The application form duly filled by both parties.
- The age proof/DOB document for both bride and groom. (Birth certificate/Educational certificate/Passport)
- For registering the marriage in Delhi, you must have the proof for living in Delhi, more than 30 days.
- Affidavits by both the parties which must include:
- Date of birth
- The marital status: Unmarried/widower/divorcee
- Assurance that parties do not connect to each other with the prohibited
- Intent marriage affirmation
- 3 attested copies of passport size photos of both parties.
- The proof of divorce or death in the case of widow/widower.
- The NOC is required in foreign marriages.
- If the couple is planning to live in India after marriage must have the proof of granted citizenship/ tax liability for marriage.