Court Marriage Office In Rohtak . Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.
- At least one of the parties should be an Indian citizen.
- The bride groom must be 21 years of age; the bride must be 18 years of age.
- Neither party has a spouse living,
- Neither party is an idiot or a lunatic,
- The parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship
- Each party involved should not have any other subsisting valid marriage.