court marriage in ahmedabad. Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.
REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE IN CASE BOTH THE PARTIES BELONG TO DIFFERENT RELEGIONS:
The marriage performed under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 is a civil contract and accordingly, there need be no rites or ceremonial requirements. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is solemnized and registered irrespective of the religion, under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
- Application form duly signed by both the parties.
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties.
- Residential proof of both the parties.
- Two passport size photographs of both the parties]
- Death certificate or divorce decrees whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.